Friday, October 2, 2009

October 2, 2009

Hello Everyone,

It is a beautiful day here in this region of the Ukraine. The weather here is very much like our fall weather just not as hot during the day. Of course in the winter it is bitter cold with snow.

Vickie, regarding your comment about Bogdan "out running us, out jumping us, arguing with us in two languages," I do believe God a sense of humor sometimes! LOL ! Also, during the times we are challenged with his behavior, I can picture my mother and father sitting in heaven laughing at us. I was such a handful as a child I am sure I will get a taste of what my mother and father went through. Bogdan was so sweet calm the first few days we were around him. There is a kitten at the orphanage that all the children play with. Bogdan brought it for us to see the first day we were at the orphanage. I was very impressed at how he held it and treated it. The next week we went and bought one of those remote control trucks that makes all kinds of racket. The horn blows, it plays music, lights flash all over it, etc. We gave it to him and his face just lit up. The next thing we knew he had it chasing the kitten making it spit and all it's fur stand up, chasing the little girls making them scream, and we were chasing him trying to get things under control before the orphanage director came in and threw us out. LOL !!

We are trying to find a way to post pictures. The computers here are not set up to use a junk drive so we may have to find another Internet cafe. This little boy looks nothing like the first one we were trying to adopt. He has dark eyes and hair and an olive complextion. He is very small for a second grader but I think he will probably grow a lot the first year we have him.

The kids are lined up behind me waiting for the computer again.

Praying for our church family,

Charles and Lisa

7 comments:

  1. So funny!! I love it and already love him. It sounds like he has a great personality and that he is all boy!! God does indeed have a great since of humor. My mama used to tell me that Amy was giving me what I had given her! Now I tell Amy that ALL her kids give me what she gave me! She was a handful!! IT is so fun being a parent. Truely never a dull moment. Many of us saw pictures of him at church the other night. I guess you had sent them to Brother Glenn and they put them on the big screen so those of us at church saw them. He is BEAUTIFUL - I guess at his age he would rather be called handsome!! Well I gotta run will check back later. Praying for you girl!! Love, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing so hard I am crying! Chasing the little girls and kitty with the truck-ALL BOY!!!!

    My heart is so full of love for Bogden already. I cannot wait for you all to get him home and to see how blessed he is. You MUST have this homecoming video taped by friends (PLEASE), so I can see his eyes light up the first time he realizes he is REALLY SAFE and SECURE!
    I have not posted on Bulldogsworld yet-waiting for court to see if you get the express ticket home!
    Love and God's guidance to you both,
    Bonnie
    smooshie kisses from Brewster,Darlin,Wrinkles,
    Odie,Lady,MillieMoo and Baby Moses

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear things are going well. We have been praying for all of you. Looking forward to your homecoming.
    God Bless You All.

    Love
    Winston & Erline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charles I'm praying for you and your son. Ya'll look like you fit each other. I really like the kitten and truck story. He will be a good Eufaulaian.

    Steve S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited about all that God has already done for each of you in and through these circumstances. We are praying for you every day! Love you guys and can't wait to see the THREE of you face to face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been praying about court. Hope it went smoothly and can't wait to hear. We are praying that ALL 3 of you will return home soon! The ENTIRE church is so excited about what God is doing in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't wait to hear so I called Kathy and found out that you WILL be bringing Bogdan HOME with you!!!!! Praise the Lord--PTL!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! If there's anything we can do in preparation for your return, let us know!!!

    ReplyDelete